Have you been so worried about how to write your wedding vows? Or you honestly do not know how to sum up your love, your intentions, and your commitment to your spouse in just a few sentences? You probably may have visualized reciting your wedding vows for years now, and you need to come up with a heartfelt vow. I know that this can be pretty much overwhelming sometimes, but hey, you don’t have to get worried anymore, this article has got you covered!
Before I get started, you need to understand that wedding vows should be intimate commitments to your spouse. They are meant to exemplify the passion and respect you have for your partner not only on your wedding day but can also be reiterated on several other occasions. Do you want to keep things concise and real or make your emotions poetic and very personal? Then you are on the right page!
In this article, I would be stating some examples of the best types of wedding vows that can spice up your wedding ceremony, the best you have never heard of before.
There are several types of wedding vows, depending on the kind of wedding ceremony you are opting for and your spouse’s personality. They include;
- Wedding vows to him
- Wedding vows to her.
- Funny wedding vows
- Traditional wedding vows
- Non-Traditional wedding vows
- Romantic wedding vows
- Modern wedding vows, etc.
WEDDING VOWS TO HIM
- I honestly love all I know about you, and that is just but a tip. I yearn to learn more of you as we grow grey hairs together. I am certain that this is where I am meant to be, and being a part of your life has been my greatest joy. Cheers to now and forever with you, my love.
- With you, I know what it feels like to be happy. You make me laugh, and you always challenge me to do better. You complete me, this I know. I promise to be your best friend, your standby, and your supportive wife. I promise to respect, adore, and cherish you all through life’s journey.
- I love you with all sincerity, with a passion that words can not truly describe, only in glances, warm kisses, and years of adventure with you.
- I promise to be by your side every single time, my shoulders are yours to lean on when life is too much to bear on your own. I promise to give you the very support you need every time. I would be the light that directs in the darkness and a soothing relief in the cold.
- I make this commitment today to be your loving and faithful wife for the rest of my days. I promise to respect you and love you as my husband today and forever.
- You are loved more than any analogy can ever try to express – my love, my darling.
I promise always to keep you from harm, to stand with you against your difficulties, and to look to you when I need safety.
- Today, right before everyone present here, I say, “I do,” but to me, that implies, “I will.” I will hold you by the hand and stand by you in favorable and unfavorable conditions. I devote myself to your satisfaction, achievements, and smile. I promise to love you forever.
You are everything I prayed for, and I can’t wait for the reality we get to pull together.
- You have my entire heart; you are my love, my rock, and forever will that be. No matter what distance brings, you are home to me. I promise to love you now and forever.
- I promise my love and affection towards you at all times. I promise to work hand in hand with you to accomplish the things we value and dream of. I promise my attention and time to you, these and much more do I promise from the depth of my heart for the rest of our lives.
- No matter what life brings, I will trust you and love you. I will be a strong support system for you and be that woman you’ve always wished for. I would take care of you and respect you.
- My crown, my husband, whenever the going gets tough, I promise to stand by you and give you my listening ears to hear all of your stories and cheer you up when you are down. Most importantly, I promise always to make out time for you, which does not exclude the game nights.
- Down the road, through the woods, in the sun-kissed fields, and the heavy rainstorm. Our undefeatable love would remain that one factor that remains our defense and keeps us warm and in each other’s arms.
- I give you my strength and patience, kindness, loyalty, love, and support now and forever.
- I will stand by your side all through life’s journey. I promise my loyalty and support to you. I promise to cooperate with you to accomplish the fulfillment we want for ourselves and our family.
- You are my best friend, my confidant. Getting married to you is undoubtedly my best decision ever. I promise to love you unconditionally now and forever.
- I promise to put you first before anyone else, to be by your side in the good times and bad. When it rains, and the cool winds blow, you can always lean on me. I promise to be there for you at all times.
- Sincerity, above all things, is what I vow to you. My sincere commitment, my open heart, and affection.
- I promise to be a caring and devoted wife, without condemnation and contempt, but always with an open heart to listen to all your cares and worries.
- I promise to be your ever faithful, loyal, and caring wife. I promise to love you, cherish you, and respect you as your loving wife.
- I delight in being your wife. I am happy and excited to share this life with you. I love you, unconditionally; these words can not express it all.
- I am super proud to be your woman, so delighted to find out what the next phase of our lives entails, I am excited to be with you every day on this journey.
- We are in this together, my love. Let us journey together down this meandering path where every stride is an adventure, where difficult trials will be abated, where our joys will be exponentially multiplied because I have you by my side.
- My sincere and heartfelt prayer to God was to give me a husband as kind, honest, and as committed as you. I know that we are indeed meant to be together for all time.
- This still feels like a dream; for now I know it is not. I am happy that I get the opportunity to say my vows to the person I consider my best friend and partner in all things. I love you, my best man, and I will cherish you both now and forever.
- For us, it is not just two different personalities coming together in this union. For we have now become one, my best friend. This is the beginning of the best days of our lives as we tie the knot today. Let us solve life’s puzzles together with one embrace at a time.
WEDDING VOWS TO HER.
- You are beautiful in and out; you are beauty personified. I love how you carry yourself with so much respect. I see how you want the best of me, and I promise you to be a better man just for you.
- Today, I promise to be your sailor and aid in all of life’s journeys. To be your best friend and companion. I promise you my entire being for your love gives me confidence, and your smile gives me satisfaction. You complete me.
- When I am with you, everything else recedes to the backdrop. You cascade my senses with bliss. You are my life, my greatest blessing. I’m so blessed to call you my adorable wife. My life would forever be integrated with yours from this moment, henceforth. My desires are your desires, and my dreams will I build all around you.
- Forever with you truly will not be enough, but from this day onward, I promise to make the most of every minute with you.
- Today, as we tie the knot together, I promise to not only be your husband, but your best friend, your aficionado, and your biggest ally. I give you my shoulders to lean on, and I promise to be your best buddy ever.
- In the presence of everyone seated here, I make this promise that today and forever, you would never have to confront the world alone. I promise to be there to catch you if you fall, to break every barrier and obstacle with me by your side, and fall in love with you again every single day of our lives.
- I promise today to have all the tolerance and devotion that love demands. In frenzy and calmness, I will forever stand by you.
- The absolute love of my life, my joy, and happiness. You are everything I ever prayed for and indeed God’s gift to me. Our love for each other is made from heaven and today, I promise to be here with you and be there for you now and always.
- With every second that slips through our hands, I am more confident about how strong our union would be. With you, I am confident that I can make the most of my days very productive because I see your doggedness, your passion, and your optimism towards life itself.
- They say two are better than one and that saying is ever true. I look forward to sharing my biggest moments with you because you deserve happiness always. I like your looks while you flip your hair. Roll a die into a piece and make a wish for us. You are my desires fully met.
- You are my other half. My complete essence. You are my companion, my tutor, and my one true love. Forever with you is all I have hoped for. I promise to make my life yours till eternity and build my pursuits around you.
- As I look into your eyes right now, I want to do this again and again till forever, waking up with you every morning and being the last person I see when I close my eyes to sleep. I can’t wait to spend the rest of my whole life with you. The decision to be yours is worth it, after all.
- Tell me of a woman who is passion-driven and loves God the way you do. I still do not think there is any. You amaze me, and I can not wait to do life with you.
- I pledge to pay attention to you, to listen, and always to consider your emotions and feelings as we tour together on this life’s journey.
- I come to you willingly and without displeasure to give myself to you completely and so that we may walk through this life’s journey together with no distrust or hurt. I pledge my loyalty to you.
- I know this is not a promising smooth ride, and I know we will not always agree. I know we would have our fair share of good and bad times, but all in all, I promise always to love you and always strive to be the man you will ever believe in.
- Standing right here is my best friend, my love, and my perfect soulmate. I give you my heart, my soul, and my body forever.
- With all sincerity of heart, I make this confession. I promise to put you ahead above all others. I promise to care for you and protect you as long as we both shall live.
- I have chosen you above every other to be the woman I choose to spend the rest of my life with. Every second, every minute, and every hour, I promise to live up to your dreams and your expectations. I promise to be responsible for you and our children.
- I know you as my best friend, my wife, and my true companion. I cannot wait to begin our beautiful journey together.
- I promise that all through this life’s journey that I would be true to you, I would never disgrace you or doubt you. I would love you and kiss you on your hands and lips in marital bliss.
- With this ring, I make this vow. I promise to be the best husband, the best man, and a father to you. With a sincere heart, I make this vow in the presence of everyone seated here. I love you so much. You are my only true love.
- I love you and it is beyond the three-lettered words. Without you, I am in the dark and with you, I see the lights. I love you from the depth of my heart.
- I love you, and this is not a cliche. I promise to listen, care, be honest, trust, and respect you now and always.
- Our love is distinct, and together we will create our love stories that have never been seen before. Together we become a force that wields power to overcome any disaster. We have become an engine of love, the likes of which never wears out. As your husband, I promise to run this race with you in true devotion and sincerity of heart.
FUNNY WEDDING VOWS.
- Hey beautiful, what are you up to today and for the rest of your life? I’m thinking we should just get married.
- I would watch soap operas with you if you promise to watch sports with me. Deal? Nah! Just kidding, I promise never to ask you to watch the TV show you do not want to watch.
- I promise to be your best roommate ever. I will assist you in washing the dishes and make delicious meals together. The thought of it is so mind-blowing. I love it! I promise to play with your icy toes and keep them warm with my hands. To be your playmate until we grow grey hairs.
- Your weirdness and mine put together is called extra, but I promise to love you like that. I love that we are both weird together, and we can continue to be this forever. I love you weirdo.
- The super exciting part of this is that I now have a partner to binge-watch Netflix with. Now, I promise not to watch the next episode without you being with me.
- I will help out with the dishes if you would give me extra tasty fries. I am just kidding. I would help out in everything I see you do, for we both have become one.
- Even when the going gets tougher, I promise to love still. I promise to take care of you even when you are hungover. I do not make this promise, though; licking your face when you are fast asleep because I will.
- I love you the way the east is from the west. That is really far, though. Well, I love you like that for real.
- I promise to love you for all that you are, including your weird face when you are snoring.
- I promise to use your cooking recipes as a guide when fixing dinners. In our explorations and challenges, I will take delight in.
- I promise to learn how to apply all shades of lipsticks that you use for you.
- I promise not to ask you to take more than a hundred snapshots of me when we are holidaying.
- I promise not to call you more than twice when you’re out on a game night with your friends.
- Whenever you and your friends are out on a game night, I promise not to call you more than twice even when I am tempted to. I promise to allow you to have all the fun you want to have with your girlfriends.
- All I want is to be the person you choose above everyone else in your life, including the baker’s son down the road, your former crush. I am your only crush now, and that is all that matters. I would marry you in a ship and with a baby sheep.
- Oh, wait! So everyone is dressed up because of us? Wow, that’s awesome. By the way, you look pretty good. How about you love me. What do you think about spending forever together?
- I want everything about you. Can you give me your heart like I mean literally? Oh, sorry, I want everything and not just one organ. So I guess you would have to give me your heart, lungs, kidneys, and liver. Yeah, that is all I want. Just that. Do you think you can deal with that? I love you, and that is all that matters. I was just kidding.
- Okay, now, I am being serious here. I promise to laugh at your every joke, no matter how silly or how inaccurately told it is said. I love you that much, and I mean these words in every sense of it.
- Let us be silly together. Make good and bad choices together, cry together and laugh together, make mistakes, and then let us tell each other beautiful and ugly stories and this we would do together until no one can tolerate us except each other.
- On this beautiful day, I take you___ sorry what’s your name again? Okay, I promise to apply your mascara if only you allow me. I promise not to pull your eyes out, if only you trust me with that. Well, I just want to say that I love you. I honestly do!
- During game nights, I promise to have many potato chips handy and slap you with ketch-up if you miss any game.
- I promise to love you and cuddle you just as I do for Lucky, our dog. I promise that whenever I take him to the vets and pick up some treats for him, I would do the same for you as well.
- I promise never to steal the duvets only when you promise not to watch Indian movies
- I promise not to steal your meat only if you feed me with my meat in between your teeth.
- I love you. Do you need me to scream it? I LOVE YOU! Or maybe I should pronounce it from the back this time around. YOU LOVE I. Sounds interesting.
TRADITIONAL WEDDING VOWS.
- Baptist Wedding Vows
In a Baptist setting, there are two ways the vow can be taken. The first is a call and response between the officiating minister and the couples, and the second is a short vow said by both couples.
Will you have ___ to be your wedded (wife/ husband), to live together according to God’s law in the Holy Estate of Matrimony? Will you love ( him/ her), comfort (him/her), honor and keep (him/her) in sickness and in health and forsaking all others, keep there only unto (him/ her) as long as you both shall live.
Bride/ groom “I will”.
The second option is:
I…………., take thee, to be my ( wife/ husband) and before God and these witnesses. I promise to be faithful and true.
- Protestant Wedding Vows
Although there are several Protestant churches with a slight difference in their traditions and beliefs, their wedding vows are almost similar.
The Basic Protestant Wedding Vows.
“I, ___, take you, ___, to be my (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part, according to God’s holy ordinance; this is my pledge to you.
- Methodist Wedding Vows
In a Methodist Church, the vows are taken as a call and response kind between the officiating minister and the couples. While the officiating minister reads out the call, the couple’s response is always “I do”
Officiant: “Will you have this (woman/man) to be your (wife/husband), to live together in holy marriage? Will you love (him/her), comfort (him/her), honor, and keep (him/her) in sickness and in health, and forsaking all others, be faithful to (her/him) as long as ye both shall live?”
Bride/Groom: “I do.”
- Catholics Wedding Vows
Priest (or deacon): Since you intend to enter into the covenant of Holy Matrimony, join your right hands, and declare your consent before God and his Church.
Bride/Groom: I, (name), take you, (name), to be my (husband/wife). I promise to be true to you in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health. I will love you and honor you all the days of my life.
Priest: (Name), do you take (name) to be your (husband/wife)? Do you promise to be faithful to (him/her) in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love (him/her) and to honor (him/her) all the days of your life?
Bride/Groom: I do.
Priest: (Name), do you take (name) to be your husband? Do you promise to be faithful to him in good times and in bad, in sickness and in health, to love him and to honor him all the days of your life?
Bride/Groom: I, (name), take you, (name), for my lawful (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward,
for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do us part.
Priest: (Name), do you take (name) for your lawful (husband/wife), to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, until death do you part?
Bride/Groom: I do
- Native American (Apache) Wedding Vows
In this context, vows are not usually exchanged, but a blessing is read to the couples.
“Now you will feel no rain, for each of you will be a shelter for the other. Now you will feel no cold, for each of you will be warmth to the other. Now there will be no loneliness, for each of you will be a companion to the other. Now you are two people, but there is only one life before you. May beauty surround you both in the journey ahead and through all the years. May happiness be your companion, and your days together be good and long upon the earth.”
“Treat yourselves and each other with respect, and remind yourselves often of what brought you together. Give the highest priority to the tenderness, gentleness, and kindness that your connection deserves. When frustration, difficulties, and fear assail your relationship, as they threaten all relationships at one time or another, remember to focus on what is right between you, not only the part which seems wrong. In this way, you can ride out the storms when clouds hide the face of the sun in your lives — remembering that even if you lose sight of it for a moment, the sun is still there. And if each of you takes responsibility for the quality of your life together, it will be marked by abundance and delight.”
- Lutheran Wedding Vows
Almost the same as other Christian religious bodies, the Lutheran Wedding Vows are a call and response type too—the call from the Officiant and the response from the bride and groom.
It’s either the first or the second.
“I take you, ______, to be my wife/husband from this day forward, to join with you and share all that is to come, and I promise to be faithful to you until death parts us.”
“I, ______, take you, ______, to be my wife/husband, and these things I promise you: I will be faithful to you and honest with you; I will respect, trust, help, and care for you; I will share my life with you; I will forgive you as we have been forgiven; and I will try with you better to understand ourselves, the world, and God; through the best and worst of what is to come, and as long as we live.”
- Hindu Wedding Vows
Here there are 7 sacred vows that both the bride and the groom say on the same term of understanding and love.
The First Vow: The Groom vows to the bride that he will be responsible for providing sustenance, welfare, and satisfaction to the wife and the children.
The Bride vows to the groom that she will take care of the household and will share his duty as her own.
The Second Vow: The Groom vows to the bride that he will continue to be loyal and faithful to his wife and will support her throughout life’s journey. He will provide mental, physical, and financial stability and safety to her and their family.
The Bride vows to the groom that she will be ready to share the duty by assisting him in every way and be willing to tolerate all with courage and resilience.
The Third Vow: The Groom vows to the bride that his efforts and hard work will bring wealth and riches to the house and give them quality education.
The Bride vows to the groom that she will act accordingly in sustaining the resources and dedicate her love greatly to her husband alone. She will be faithful to her husband, maintaining purity.
The Fourth Vow: The Groom appreciates the bride that through their holy matrimony, she has made his life sweet and complete, and he vows to honor both his family and hers. He will respect her choices and will include her in all his important decisions.
The Bride vows to the groom that she will be with him in all ceremonial rites, family, and religious obligations and will support him, giving her approval for his decisions. She will honor and esteem his decisions and include his say in all her decisions. In case any danger precludes his way, she will protect him and save him from any harm and be willing to sacrifice her life for him.
The Fifth Vow: The couple vows to stand by each other, sharing their joys and sorrows with great understanding and care. They then pray to God to give them healthy children and vow to train their children in the ways of their rich culture and heritage.
The Sixth Vow: The couple vows to love and honor each other and be together in times of happiness and sorrow. They then pray to God to give them a healthy and well-fulfilled life for them to fulfill their duties and obligations to each other.
The Seventh Vow: Together, both couples vow that through this sacred marriage rite of Seven Vows, they have become husband and wife with their souls knit together. They promise to love each other forever, and as newlyweds, they will be together as great couples, experiencing each and everything of life together, loving each other unconditionally. They promise to fulfill all the sacred seven vows with true and sincere intentions as promised during their ceremonial rites.
NON- TRADITIONAL WEDDING VOWS
Some couples do not buy the idea of the vows used at traditional weddings. They prefer to use non-traditional wedding vows because the wedding vows reflect a religious frontage that both couples do not agree on. These non-traditional wedding vows stated below have been fine-tuned in a way and might be perfect for your ceremony.
- I ___, take you ___ to be my (husband/wife), my best friend, and my companion. I will always be grateful for our union, and my love for you would keep waxing stronger as each day passes by. I will believe the best of you and honor you; I will play with you, laugh with you and cry with you. I promise my love and affection in good times and bad, and no matter the hurdles we face together, I would be right here with you. I give you my all, now and forever.
- I, ___ take you, ____, to be my (wife/husband). I love what I know about you, and I trust that it will only get better with you. I am so excited and thrilled at the privilege of growing together. It is indeed a privilege. I can not wait for what the future holds for both of us, and knowing the (man/woman) you will become. I promise to accept all your imperfections and love you from the depth of my heart at all times.
- ___ I love you. You are forever, my best friend. Today I give myself to you in marriage. I vow to motivate and encourage you, be happy with you, and be by your side in times of sorrow and struggle. I promise you to be a present husband for you and the kids. When life’s struggle tests our love, I promise not to leave you. I promise to esteem you highly and love you forever.
- ___, With everything in me, I take you to be my (husband/wife). I will love you when it is easy, and when it is hard. I promise to make this work. I will trust you with all my heart, and together we will face all life problems and share one another’s dreams and ambitions.
- When I say these three words, I love you, I mean it in every sense of the word. I got my best gift, and that is you! You are equally my best decision ever. I promise to love you mutually and even more and be sincere with you as long as we both shall live.
- ____ From now henceforth, my love, I promise to be the best I can be for you. I promise to support you, and together we both shall achieve our dreams and goals.
I will continue to be loyal (husband/wife) and fulfill all my promises and vows this day, and for better or worse till death do us part.
- ____, on this special day of ours, I solemnly vow to strengthen and honor you in good times and in the bad times. Never to look down on you but to make you see how valuable you are. I will be that calm in the storm and that sunshine when everywhere is dark and gloomy. I love you now and forever, my love.
- ____I promise to take you as my (wife/husband) even when the road is rough and when it is smooth. During summer and winter, to stick with you like the duvets. Together, we become team sub mounting challenges and obstacles every step of the way.
- ____ I take you as my (wife/husband), and faithfully we shall build together love and vigor for a better and well-fulfilled life.
- Sitting down next to you that day at the bus station is indeed a day I can never forget. I paused and stole a few glances; what a beautiful, charming young lady, I said. That first day I saw you, my heart muttered she is the one. My heart was so right!
- ____ hold me, never let me go, and I will be your loving wife forever. When I think of counting my blessings, I will count you a thousand times. I have always wanted to marry a guy like you, and now today, I get to marry the man of my dreams.
- Communication is key in every relationship, and I promise always to do so, never to hold back. I would be an honest and faithful wife, to love you fiercely with my love knowing no bounds.
- ____ I promise always to listen and never abuse you, to always kiss you and never humiliate you, always to love and never to take the exit. I give you my heart and my word that I will be a loving and committed wife.
- This, my love, is the beginning of forever. Forever hugs, kisses, loves, and forever we remain one.
- It was love at first sight, but it never stopped there. For us, it is love at forever sight. I knew it the first time we met, and I know now that you are my everything and now in you is everything I would ever need.
- As your beloved, I promise to love you till eternity, to be loyal, and to support you at all times. I promise to be your loving friend and your best man. I can not wait to spend the rest of my life with you.
- Today is a beautiful day and the start of more beautiful days with you. The thought of spending the rest of my life with you gives me the confidence that the best is yet to come.
- You are my best friend, my joy, my hope, my definition of greatness, you are a reflection of my love, and as I take you to be my wife today. I promise to love you, cherish you, and respect you now and until the end of time
- With a free heart, a sincere mind, and a sense of vulnerability, I take you as my husband. I promise to love you for who you are and be the best woman you have always wanted to be your wife.
- I always learn from you, composure and what it means to be purpose-driven. You teach me how to love effortlessly and how to be a better man. You are the best parts of me and truly complete me, my darling wife. Today I give you everything I own and everything I am.
- The love of my life, my everything. You are my wife in whom I take pride in. I love you with all sincerity of heart, and I take you to be my wife with a full understanding that I have the most incredible woman in the world as my wife. A beautiful happy ever after is it for us.
- I promise to spend every time I can with you, to learn together, grow together, and to love together. To anticipate the tales of moonlight with you with my hands lurk around your body. I love you so much, and I can not wait to spend forever with you.
- Words fail me, and there is no proper way to express my emotions as to how I feel today. The thought of having you as my wife is overwhelming; I am truly the happiest man alive today.
- As your husband, I promise to behave accordingly, never to hurt you, my beautiful princess. I promise never to be arrogant or egotistical. I promise to be the husband you’ve always dreamt of having. A husband who loves you for who you are and supports your every aspiration
- With so much joy, unquantifiable love, and endless excitement of what the future holds for us, I take you as my wife. As your husband, I promise to follow your advice and love you until we both shall live.
ROMANTIC WEDDING VOWS
- Letters start with A, B, C. Numbers start with 1, 2, 3, but our love starts with you and me. I love you, and that’s the beginning and end of everything.
- Let us build together a haven of joy, peace, love, and forgiveness. Let us establish a warm and welcoming space for incredible and ugly moments together. Let us be a home for each other now and always.
- I see myself laughing more often than I used to, I smile more often than I used to and that is because of you in my life. Now, I am challenged to pursue my dreams more than I ever have. I thank God for the gift of you. You are, and will always be, the absolute love of my life, my soulmate, my ride or die.
- My love, my most precious jewel, I promise to support your strengths and accept your weaknesses. I promise to respect your goals and visions. I would be your greatest cheerleader, cheering you up for greater feats and accomplishments. My special pumpkin, I promise to love you forever.
- I have seen your compassion and resilience, your passion, and your commitment to growth. I promise not to take you for granted. You are my best (man/woman), and I choose you to be my (husband/wife). I give you my heart, no one else but you.
- These vows to me are not just promises but privileges; A privilege to laugh with you and cry with you, share with you and care for you, walk with you and run with you, build with you and be there for you, live with you and relish every moment with you.
- In every manner and in every way, I promise to love and respect you. I promise to unzip your dress carefully regarding your self-worth and respect. Not to ease my desires only but to always put you first at all times and love you most blissfully.
- From this day onward, we start a life together. I promise before our families and our friends and loved ones to be your faithful (wife/husband). I choose to stay with you as your biggest fan, your closest pal, your best ally, and your loving friend. During our successes and our failures, our good times and bad, I promise to be right here with you. I love you, and this is me saying this in all sincerity.
- You are not just a friend; or my lover; you are now family. I promise to be more honest and open with you, sharing my thoughts and hiding nothing from you. I promise to love and cherish you from this moment henceforth.
- I promise to kiss you every day and look into your eyes as you wake up every morning. Every kiss we share from now will be a reminder of our wedding promises, our happiness, and everything we share. I promise to love you and to hold you by the hand through life.
- The thought of sharing the future with you has never been more exciting than it is today. Together, I believe we can achieve the life we both dream of having, and with you by my side, we can conquer all odds that life throws at us.
- Now we can have matching pajamas, matching stockings, matching wears, how more amazing this is getting. I love and made the right choice. Let us be phenomenal together; it is our union to the world.
- I will be attentive to your every decision with tenderness and understanding and encourage you at all times. Let us build a home where laughter, love, and joy live. Let us be lovers, friends, and companions now and till the rest of our days.
- I promise to cherish you as a whole person with all of your interests, preferences, and goals in mind. I promise to be an open book, where you can scroll through the pages freely. I promise to be willing to grow with you and to keep our union alive and exciting. I promise to give myself to you wholly and completely now and forever.
- Today, as we tie the knot together, I promise you that you will never walk alone. My heart shall be your dwelling place, and my arms, your comfort zone. I promise to stand by you in all life tests to walk with you like your shadows in the night. I love you so much, my best friend.
- The good thing about this is that I not only get to marry my husband, but also my friend, my soulmate, my best buddy and now together we become family.
- I take you to be my wife today and forsake all others. I will forever be loyal to you and this union. To love you and our children yet unborn. To take good care of you and the family through all our years.
- No greater honor can be compared to having you as my partner for life. I am yours for eternity. I promise to love and support you now and forever.
- With you, the world is for the taken. Hold me by the hands, and let us conquer the world together.
- Right from the first day, I knew it was always you. You are my prayers answered my greatest miracle. I give you my heart, hands, and love in ways that can not be measurable. I love you ____, I really do.
- We both have our imperfections, but that makes us perfect for each other. I accept your imperfections and take them as mine; I promise to love you for who you are and what we will become together. I look forward to what the future has in store for us, and I am glad we can do life together.
- The three-letter words: I love you is so easy to spell, sometimes difficult to interpret, and It is that which we can not live without. My love, I have never been so sure about anything other than this – I love you, and I promise to always do.
- I have just two promises to give to you. The first promise is this: to be the best man you believe I should be. The second is to fulfill my first promise.
- Love they say is a beautiful thing, and yes, I am happy because we are doing this together. Every second, every minute, and every hour spent with you would be worth it. I promise to put the right effort and attitude into making this work, and I promise to love you all the rest of my days.
- Summarizing all of my love, desires, and commitment to you in just a few sentences is one hard thing to do. Know this for sure, that these words do not express it all – my feelings, love, affection, and commitment to you. I promise this one thing; my love for you always. I promise to believe the best in you because you believe the best in me.
MODERN WEDDING VOWS
- Today, I ____ take you to be my (wife/husband). I am amazed at how well we have grown together and how much greater growth we would record as we continue this beautiful journey together. I promise to love, support you, and celebrate your wins together. I love you, and this is not a cliche.
- A commitment to serve both you and the people around us. To love and take responsibility for you. A commitment to be loyal and respect your decisions and interests. These are my commitments to you this day.
- My strength, weaknesses, loyalty, support, love, and faith are what I give unto you this day. I promise to fulfill all of my vows to you from now till eternity.
- On the wings of love, we take this flight. We travel together in all our fantasies, visions, and ideas. We stick together, mounting higher and higher like the eagles. I, ____ pledge my commitment to this journey from this moment henceforth.
- I, ____ take you to be my (husband/wife), to listen as you speak, to receive as you give, respond as you communicate your desires, ambitions, and fears. I make this pledge in love and mutual respect from both you and I.
- Through our union, I believe we can achieve more than we can alone. So today, I promise to stand by you, respect, love, and support you. I promise to be there for you, even in difficult and pleasant times.
- I promise to make this work and make you my topmost priority in my life. I promise to love, care, support, and cherish you. This is my solemn vow.
- I,___ take you, ___ as my (wife/husband). In distance and in closeness, for better and for best, for riches and in health for the rest of our days. I know the going would get tough, really tough at some point, but I chose not to call the odds in our union. I would be there for you no matter what the situation is, just so you know.
- I choose you above all others, to stay with you, to respect you. I choose to honor you and remain faithful to you as long as we both shall live.
- I love you, you are my best G. I promise to do amazing things that make you happy. I promise to take responsibility for my actions and not push the blames on you when I am wrong.
- I, ___ make this vow to you today, to support your hopes, your dreams, and aspirations. To seek the best of you and be the best for you. To share my life with you and care for you, now and always.
- We have come to a place of sharing where what is mine is yours and what is yours is mine. I promise never to be selfish and promise always to seek your interest first. I love you from now till eternity.
- Our union is strong; even the sun smiles at us. We have come to that point of FOREVER, and I promise never to make you regret taking this decision with me. Our love is stronger than the tides of the oceans and our heartbeats, which are now in sync.
- I ___promise to be a committed and devoted partner. In all life’s occurrences, I would be a present wife/husband. In the joys and sorrows, through the thick and thin, I would always stand by you. To love and to cherish, to honor and to respect now and forever.
- It is a day of celebration, a day of laughter, the beginning of the best days of our lives. Seeing you walk down the aisle is my favorite picture moment. I love you, and I would forever be by your side.
- Today, as we begin this beautiful journey together, I join my life to yours and one entity we have become. I promise to walk my path with you and to be your best companion and lover.
- To my best friend that I am getting married to, I promise to encourage, strengthen, and support you. I promise to love you at all times, and this I say with all honesty.
- You are my everything, and I promise to be there for you when you need me. I promise to fill your days with true happiness and hope.
- I____ take you____ to be my husband/wife. I welcome you into my life with so much joy and happiness. I devote myself to you, and I pledge my love and faithfulness for the rest of our days
- Today, I ____ join myself to you before God and our family, friends, and colleagues. I promise to give you a life spiced up with love and unraveled with wisdom and insight.
- I am your superhero; I promise to fight our battles together with you. Oh, what glorious victory is ascertained because I have you by my side. No matter how burdensome the load is, I will help with it.
- I promise to be your loving partner, companion, and friend like no other. Whenever things do not happen as planned, I promise not to act out but work together to ensure that mistakes are not made a second time.
- As my friend, I promise to improve with you, learn from you and be a better version of myself with you. I promise to support you and give you my shoulders to lean whenever you want to.
- Life is said to have its ups and downs, good and bad moments, but with you, I am ready to face what life brings and walk through the woods with you. I am confident that the best days are yet to come, and we would be alive and healthy enjoying the best fruits of our days.
- To a beautiful happy ever after, to sounds of joy, and laughter, to times of rejoicing and happiness, to a place where love lives forever, our hearts together. I love you, my dearest (husband/wife) I do!