Belly-only pregnancy is a way to reduce the weight gain to only the tummy area while keeping the other part susceptible to weight gain toned down.
During pregnancy, one of the things that get us worried is the weight gain of having a baby. Belly-only pregnancy is now a thing among pregnant women who want to maintain their weight and keep their stomach small during pregnancy stages. Considering hormones and cravings, this might seem like a tough thing to do, but there is a guarantee for a belly-only pregnancy if certain tips are implemented.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF HAVING BELLY-ONLY PREGNANCY?
You might think belly-only pregnancy is just a trend, but it has many benefits to expecting mothers’ bodies. One of its advantages is that it increases self-esteem and confidence. Staying fit has a way of working on the human mind giving a boost to women.
It helps women lose weight after the pregnancy, making it easier for the body to snap back to the original position. If the weight gained during pregnancy is uncontrolled, it will be difficult to shed the weight after delivery. Usually, while breastfeeding, the body sheds weight naturally and steadily, but this can be slow-paced.
Keeping a healthy weight during pregnancy also helps minimize the aches and pain that come with pregnancy, and it will also help the expecting mother sleep better.
Is it possible to have a belly-only pregnancy with the hormones in the body acting up?
Every woman indeed has a unique body type, so the body stores up fat differently for everyone. The main aim here is to gain a monitored healthy weight and keep your stomach small during pregnancy. So while some women can achieve the belly-only pregnancy, some will be able to tone down the amount of weight they gain to a healthy range.
There are unique ways of achieving this aim, which will be discussed below.
Eat smaller portions. The cravings might want you to eat for two, but the goal is to have a good shape and healthy weight during and after pregnancy. Eat a small portion of meals at a time. It is normal to be hungry or feel like you are never full, especially starting from the second trimester; Instead of eating three large portions of meal in a day, try eating 5-6 small portions of the meal. Your body is going to demand more food because there is a child inside you.
Eat more fruits and vegetables. There will be a demand to snack in between meals, but you should not give in. Taking fruits and vegetables as snacks is the way to get that belly-only pregnancy. Going for fruits and vegetables is a good choice as they are healthy and contain lots of beneficial nutrients essential to the growth of the baby.
Drink more water. There is no detoxifier like water, whether you are pregnant or not. Increase your water intake; drink water first thing in the morning and eat fruits with high water content such as watermelon. These are the things that will ensure detoxification and will lower your chances of gaining unhealthy weight. Also, drinking a lot of water has a lot of benefits. Drinking water helps reduce heartburn and reduce the chances of getting headaches, especially during the first trimester. You will be doing a lot of good by drinking enough water throughout your pregnancy. it is sure to keep your stomach small during pregnancy.
Avoid junks. By all means, do not give in to the urge to eat junk and processed foods. Processed foods and junk contain unhealthy substances that are not good for everyone, pregnant or not. That will increase your chances of gaining weight, and the goal to have belly-only pregnancy will be cut short. Instead of snacking on junk and ice cream, substitute them for fruits and vegetables. For ice cream, take non-fat yogurt or parfait.
Do not miss breakfast. This is the most important meal of the day, so for no reason should you skip breakfast. Eating breakfast tones down the urge to eat unhealthily and lowers the cravings you get. While you are at it, oatmeal is an example of a good breakfast as it helps to burn fat and increase metabolism.
SLEEP CYCLE For Stomach Small During Pregnancy
Sleeping well cannot be overemphasized for everyone. For expecting mothers, deprivation of sleep is not healthy. Sleep deprivation increases your cortisol production in your body, making you eat more by increasing your appetite, especially for junk and processed foods. This, in return, leads to an unhealthy weight gain.
Sleep deprivation also sends signals to your body to be in survival mode, which will lower the metabolism rate. This will reduce the breakdown of fats and carbs in the food that has been eaten, leading to excess gain weight.
Getting enough sleep also reduces body pain and aches to give the body a refreshed look, glowing skin, and a focused mind.
WORKOUT For Stomach Small During Pregnancy
It might be difficult to move around and workout due to nausea and morning sickness in the first trimester. However, as you move into the second trimester, you will get a new rush of energy and more appetite. This is the perfect time to go back to working out. It is advisable to carry your coach, instructor, or doctor along to adjust when needed for your pregnancy’s safety.
The good thing is to continue with the workout activities that you have been doing before pregnancy. This is not the time to start what you have not done before because it will be risky for the pregnancy. Focus more on exercises that tone the muscles in your leg, arm, and butt. It is best to start with 30 minutes workout first for about four days a week. There might be a need to switch some form of training for a safer option.
The third trimester comes with reduced energy compared to the second trimester, the bump will be more pronounced, and you will feel more cumbersome. There may be a need to slow down the workout routine and adjust when required. Do not stop taking your regular walks and be as active as possible. If you can no longer do your regular workout, do not be worried.
Opt for a simpler workout training; an example of this is swimming. This exercise plan is one that can be done all through your pregnancy period. It is even better during the third trimester when you feel heavier. Inside water, you will feel lighter, and you can move your arms and legs better.
Examples of workout
These are examples of workout routines that can be done during your pregnancy.
- Side crunches: put your hands behind your head, stand upright, and bend to the right as much as you can without feeling any discomfort. Come back to the upright position slowly and repeat on the left side. Repeat this in three sets of 20 repetitions.
- Cycling: this workout is as effective as it is fun. You can get a bicycle at home or go to the gym to use one there. This form of exercise works on your legs while relieving the pain and aches that come with pregnancy. You can listen to good music while cycling as this will make it more fun.
- Kick-boxing: a fun way of releasing the pregnancy hormones that can lead to anger and frustration is kick-boxing. This can be getting inconvenient as the pregnant belly grows, making kicking an issue. Adjustments can be made into boxing alone. It is better to do this exercise in a class with other pregnant women as this will feel like a community and make it more fun.
- Dancing: as insignificant as dancing can be to you, it is a good exercise during pregnancy. You can create your playlist at home and have a routine of 30 minutes to 1 hour of dancing to the songs. This is sure to lift your spirit, relieve stress, and make you more in control of your hormones. You can also join a dance class with other expecting mothers.
- Yoga: there are yoga classes that are great for pregnancy. Although, you might need to adjust a little bit as the bump grows. Yoga is good for controlling breaths and gaining balance. It is better to join a prenatal yoga class where the instructor can guide you through the exercises to reduce hurt or injuries to the pregnancy. The stretching and breath control you do during yoga relieves backache, muscle pains, and hip pains.
Having a belly-only pregnancy is not a myth; some women have been able to achieve it, and so can you too. I hope these healthy tips will help you through your beautiful pregnancy journey and keep your stomach small during pregnancy.
You may also read